AHL’s office in downtown Honolulu is seeking a Junior Interior Designer with experience in all aspects of interior design, documentation and implementation. The ideal candidate has 1 to 3 years of experience with an emphasis on large hospitality and/or retail designs.
Knowledge in interior and architectural interior design procedures for production and documentation, including preparation of presentation materials and presentations is highly recommended. Working knowledge of AutoCAD/Revit, Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite a plus. Interested candidates should have a high interest in obtaining NCIDQ Certification.
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred. Minimum of one to two years experience in interior design with emphasis on CAD drafting, presentation techniques.
- Knowledge of procedures for production of Interior Design construction and design development documents, including space planning principles, millwork detailing, sketching ability and interior materials and furnishings.
- Knowledge of drafting technique including CAD and hand drafting and drawing.
- Knowledge of interior design presentation techniques including knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, and/or other similar presentation software preferred.
- Revit and/or 3-D software program experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Develops concepts, space plans and details on small projects or portion of large projects.
- Prepares construction documents – coordinates details and dimensions.
- Prepares color and material presentations and contract documents.
- Assists designer and specification writer in selection of furnishings and material.
- Prepares sketches and renderings for presentation.
- Maintains product and sample resource materials.
AHL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex including gender identity and expression, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, status as a qualified individual with a disability, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, marital status, sexual orientation, credit history or arrest and court record, or any other status protected by federal or state law.