AHL’s office in downtown Honolulu is seeking a Project Architect/Project Manager with an emphasis in Healthcare to join our highly creative and collaborative team. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for Project and Architectural management of all phases of large and/or complex project or projects. Experience in healthcare facilities and clinics are preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred. Minimum of ten years extensive experience in all phases of architecture, including substantial project management experience. Professional degree highly desirable.
- Architectural registration/LEED Accreditation preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of architectural practice, including budgeting and cost control, scheduling, planning, programming, design, specifications and working drawings; building and zoning codes; building materials and methods; and building costs.
- Thorough knowledge of office standards, policies and procedures; principles of personnel supervision and management.
- Substantial knowledge of planning and design for healthcare facilities and clinics.
- Substantial knowledge of related engineering principles; construction and liability laws and professional ethics.
- Directs, guides and coordinates assigned projects to completion on schedule within budgets and to client satisfaction; maintains job cost control.
- Consistently exercises discretion and judgment on issues related to the project management, design and delivery processes.
- Supervises project team, establishes staffing requirements, directs or prepares program, schematics, design and outline specifications; directs working drawing and specification preparation.
- Supervises and coordinates work of engineering and special consultants, assists principal in selection of and negotiation with consultants.
- Confers and corresponds with client, government agencies and consultants, obtains approvals and documents meeting. Prepares correspondence and reports and maintains project records.
- Assists Principal-in-Charge in determining scope and program; negotiation of Owner-Architect Agreement and initiates meetings as required by Principal or Associate.
- Assumes responsibility for code conformity and assists in obtaining permits.
- Works with estimator in maintaining construction budget control.
- Assists in construction negotiation or bidding.
- Supervises field observation staff, approves payment requests and change orders; supervises review of RFI’s, shop drawings and sample submittals.
- Recommends approval of substitution requests and supervises preparation of addenda and/or revisions.
AHL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex including gender identity and expression, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, status as a qualified individual with a disability, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, marital status, sexual orientation, credit history or arrest and court record, or any other status protected by federal or state law.